Marathon Training, Healthy Eating and My Photography!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Welcome!!

Hey Ya'll!! This is my first official post! So basically I'll just talk about how my run went, what I ate, add in some pictures, and share what ever I learned! Basically it'll be my food, exercise, and daily journal.

So! Sunday was my long run for the week, 11 miles!! That's my farthest distance to date. I got up at 5:45 to start some coffee and and steel cut oats (take 12 mins in the microwave to cook!!) and looked out side... all I could see was lightning, pouring rain and I could feel the thunder. I thought I was about to have to all 11 miles on the tread mill!!!! That would've been beyond mental torture... maybe thats what interrogators should do. But half an hour before I was going to leave it all cleared up! So I packed up my GU, Water bottle and hat and left for base. The weather wasn't too awfully hot since it just stormed but I was definitely feelin it. I was doing great up until about mile 8 I thought my knees were going to explode and from then on ever 3/4 of a mile I had to stop for a couple seconds. Those last 2 miles were the hardest I've ever had to do but I kept on shuffling through!! I absolutely love the feeling of running a new distance, even though I'm training for the big goal, all the smaller accomplishments (like running a faster pace or a new distance) make me feel akdfhakdf.

After, I inched my way back to my car I stopped at the commisary so I could walk around and loosen my legs up, I was starting to feel the post run rigamortis... but I picked up some carrots, granny smith apples, and spinach to try out my awesome new juicer!!! I got back home and stacked up all the pillows and got out my homemade ice bags (purple and blue!), wrapped them up in a shirt, plopped my laptop in my lap and watched Extreme Makeover Weightloss for a few hours with some chocolate milk! I love recovery time.


Once James got up I tried out the juicer and it was AMAZING! Especially for being free from the Airman's Attic on base. It worked perfectly, I used 2 apples, about a cup of carrots, and stuffed in some spinach... it was so good! James even approved.

For the rest of my food today I had:
*Steel cut oats with 100 cal sugar free Brown sugar instant oatmeal
*a tuna salad sandwhich on one slice of whole wheat bread
*a can of garbanzo beans with olive oil and sea salt through out the day
*turkey slices on one slice of whole wheat bread
*1/2 cup of cottage cheese with cinnamon and stevia
*chocolate brownie cliff bar
*yogurt cover raisins

I'd say not too shabby for the day!

I finished off the day playing some 'Move' on the PS3 with James. He whooped my butt in volley ball, sword fighting, bocce ball, disc golf, and archery. :( What ever! All I know is that I can run farther than him...

I'm leaving for CALIFORNIA tomorrow!!! It's been a year and a half since I've been home!! The only struggle is going to be all the food temptations... like In n Out, Which of course will be my first meal.

That's it for now, gotta pack and head for DC.

Se La Vie!

-Kimi

No comments:

Post a Comment