Marathon Training, Healthy Eating and My Photography!

Friday, August 24, 2012

12 Inches lighter :D

So I'm taking advantage of my icing bum around time and thought I'd catch up on everything! I've also been working on putting some of my photography up, so I posted a few things in the 'Snap' section if ya wanted to check it out!

I tried lots of new recipes, bought some new race fuels, and had some greats runs!!
First I'll start with my WARNING!!! The banana raisin oatmeal cookies might make you take a few trips to the bathroom if ya eat a few, just letting you know!
I'll start off with all the yummy recipes and food I've eaten this week! First I created an amaazzzinnngg smoothie. I'll call it Blue Mango:
*1/3 C of plain fat free greek yogurt
*1/2 C Frozen blueberries
*bunches of spinach
*Whole mango
*few drops of vanilla extract
Then blend it all together! I didn't follow these exact measurements... sorta just dumped them into my blender.


Next, I made a healthy desert for James and I... Diet Coke Brownies!
I found this super simple recipe on pinterest all ya need is
*Box of Brownie mix
*12 oz Diet Coke
I used Sugar free Brownie mix which is less mix than a normal box, so I probably should've used a little less soda. They come out kind thing but turned out super delicious though. Using the sugar free mix there were only 90 calories a serving!



Another recipe I made was for a Single Serving Chobani Muffin, again I got this from one of my favorite bloggers, Rabbit Food for my Bunny Teeth. All you need it:
*4 Tbsp Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Greek Yogurt (I used plain and added some powdered vanilla jello)
*3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
*1 Tbsp liquid egg whites
*1 Tbsp chia seeds
*1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
*1/4 tsp or 1 packet of stevia
*1/4 tsp baking powder
 *I also added a dark chocolate kiss in the middle
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all ingredients and stir until well mixed. Pour the batter into a cupcake liner in a muffin tin. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy warm out of the oven.


 Besides being addicted to Sugar Free Icees at 7/11, they also have a pretty healthy snack I love to get, Smart Fries. 110 Calories a bag, they're a healthy alternative to chips and french fries.

James and I also tried out this pretty cool burrito bar in Portsmith. You basically customize your burrito, taco, or quesadilla any way you want and mark it off on the menu. For my burrito I chose a healthy combo of a whole wheat tortilla, black beans, corn, brown rice, lettuce, tomato, and guacamole. I also had an amazing hard cider called Angry Orchard, tasted like apple juice... then I looked up how many calories it had and there were 190 -_- whoops. Always check your alcohol calories ahead of time!!!
My new favorite post run meal is... SUSHI! The commisary on base has a section where there's sushi being freshly made. I always grab a California roll or tuna roll with brown rice, lots of carbs and protein making it a good recovery meal. 









Okay so another thing I did this week... CHOP MY HAIR OFF!!! I love my long hair so I was just planning on trimming like 4 inches off but decided, Hey! My hair will grow no matter what and there's some people out there that need it a whole lot more than me! So I cut off a foot to donate to Locks of Love. I wish I would've done this at the beginning of summer though, my hair would be every where and stuck to me when I'd run. So if you're looking for a change and have some extra hair you should definitely consider it!




No comments:

Post a Comment