Marathon Training, Healthy Eating and My Photography!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic Motivation!

Sunday
I was supposed to start off the ending of my break with a 10 miler... but I made it 7.75 and failed miserably. I tried out a new trail today, but not knowing where I'm going with all the mini trails that break off the main one, messes with my head. I hate feeling I'm farther along than I really am and I was going at a snails pace and feeling awful. So I stopped before I started hating it. :(
James and I did go to the Farmers Market again in Norfolk! We got some more beets, booboo peaches, cucumbers, and some peppers. We also ate at the 'Fresh Cafe' they have there. They make everything from scratch basically with everything from the market while you shop. It was soooooooooo good. I got a crab cake sandwhich, and it comes with all these colorful healthy sides. After, we picked up 5 pounds of 97% lean ground turkey, 6 pounds of diced tomatoes and a couple melons from Sam's Club we headed home to make a HUGE pot o chili. Chili is so easy to make and you can put anything you want in it. We made a huge pot to last the week so you can adjust the measurements to what ever you want, but We Used:
*2.5 pounds of Turkey                 *1 can of white beans
*6 pounds of diced tomatoes       *Chili powder
*1 poblano pepper                      
*1 canned chipotle pepper (with  out seeds!! way too spicy with it)
*1 big can of chili beans        
*Light sour cream and reduced fat shredded mozzarella
Cooking: We just threw everything in a big pot and cooked the turkey separately then threw it in. Boiled it all together then let it simmer for a bit. After we plated it, we sprinkled a little cheese and a tiny bit of sour cream on top. I also baked some tortilla chips (that I mentioned in an earlier post) for some scoopage action. It was all so healthy and cheap!! For like 10 pounds of food it was around $20.
Then we sat around the rest of the night eating our chili and watching the olympics.

                                         Monday
It was just a cross training day so I whooped some butt on the elliptical and did some mountain climbing on the treadmill with incline. I did to do one of my favorite things today!! GO TO A RUNNING STORE! I could be in one all day, even though it's depressing everythings so expensive and I want to buy everything :( but I did get some new gels to try! For dinner we met up with friends and went to Cheddars! So, a really really really tasty and healthy choice from there that I had was the Portebello ciabatta sandwhich (with out mayo, but I kept the cheese) with steamed broccoli.  I also treated myself to a little drink, I got a skinny margarita with out 109 calories and it was delicious :D

                                        Tuesday
It's Kimi Size!
Busted out 3 miles and some cross training this morning, then had a Drs appointment in the afternoon. I went in for some knee pain I've been having for a lonnnngggggg time and for some help with my nutrition. I've been wanting a referral to see the nutritionist about trying to lose weight while eating enough for marathon training and for a little help with my big of binging I some times run in to. I ended up leaving with some pain meds and a referral for physical therapy and the nutritionist. So I'm happy! I haven't gone the physical therapy route before so I'm really hoping it will help. I've never ran without this knee problem, and that would be amazing!! My little treat today was a mini slurpee from 7/11. Those are our addictions, I used to crave them every time I would just pass my 7/11. The sugar free ones are soooo good too :D
For Dinner I made some of James's shredded BBQ chicken that he passed down to me. All I used was 2 chicken breasts and BBQ sauce. Put the stove on medium, a layer of BBQ sauce down and plop in the chicken. Once its visibly cooked half way through, flip it over and cover it till it's all the ways cooked. Then use 2 forks to pull it apart.
For a Snack, I found a quick recipe off of pinterest for chocolate protein granola. I made some alterations to the original recipe so here's what I used:
*1 tbsp. honey                               *1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
*3 tbsp. water                                *1 tsp. Maple syrup (optional)
*4 Stevia packets                           *1 tsp. Olive oil (or canola)
*2 c old fashioned oats                  *1tbsp. Cocoa powder
*2 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)       
*1/2 scoop of chocolate protein  powder
-Preheat the oven to 370. Mix everything together (oats last!). Spread it on a cookie sheet and bake! Stir it at 10 minutes and cook it for another 10 or until crunchy. Its sooo good and soo healthy! 1/2 cup is a serving.


I'm off to spend the rest of my time watching the olympics now!! Man do I want all their amazing bodies!!! All the gymnasts and volleyball players have no jiggle and fat! I'd rather look fit than skinny any day :D

No comments:

Post a Comment