Marathon Training, Healthy Eating and My Photography!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Farmers Marketing!

I started Sunday morning off with a cup of coffee and 2 slices of toast before going out for my 10 mile run it was already 83 at 7am :( But it wasn't terrible and I felt good. I've been having issues with my pace though, a few months ago I was running a little of a minute faster per mile so I'm not really sure what's going on. I might need to work on how I recover and make sure I'm getting enough carbs. Also another thing, I think I'm going to switch from the New Jersey Marathon to the Norfolk one which is a week later. It'll be a lot easier since it's a town over instead of driving 6 hrs and having to get a hotel.
They say you should eat the colors of the rainbow!
After my run I made myself another cake batter protein shake!! I can't stop making them. Then James and I went to the farmers market!! It was pretty awesome, it was inside so we didn't have to stand out in the sun, there were bands, stands for homemade cookies, breads, jewelry, and salsa. Since it was the last day everything was 25% off but it was the last of bunch. It was great to be able to help the community out though and buy some really fresh, plump, delicious veggies and fruits. I think we're going to try and go every Sunday to get fresh produce. There was also a little book store connected with $1 and $2 books, I ended up finding one with running stories and poems! We ended up picking up some beets, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, canary melon, a huge tomatoe, and 'boo boo' peaches. I thought boo boo peaches were some different type of peaches till James gave me a stupid look and said that meant they were the bruised and mushed ones. -_- ANY WAYS!!
Soooo many jalapeno seeds!

We also bought some jalapeno salsa (SPICY!!!) from one of the stands but didn't have any chips at home... so I made some tortilla chips!! Its super easy and actually a lot healthier. All you need are yellow corn tortillas (40 calories per tortilla) and cut them up in to fourths. Then bake them at 450 for 5-8 minutes until they start to curl up. You can spray olive oil on them and sprinkle them salt and what ever spices.
Later for another snack I cut up the watermelon that I had and the canary melon from the market and mixed it in a big bowl, yum!!  
For dinner we had stuffed bell peppers! There are tons of different things you can in but here's what we used:
*2 bell peppers                        *Garlic
*1/2 can of black beans           *Onion
*1/2 can of diced tomatoes      *1 cup of dry quinoa
*Spices
Directions
*I cooked the Quinoa first in my rice cooker, you can just follow the directions on the box for different methods
*Preheat the oven to 400, then cut the peppers length wise and core them.
*Then boil the peppers for 5 minutes
*For the filling: I chopped the garlic and onions very finely and cooked them in a pan with some olive oil, then added in the beans, tomatoes and half of the cooked quinoa and just heated it all up together for about 5 minutes. (I kept the rest of the quinoa to have extra)
*Then we stuffed the peppers and stuck them in the oven for 30-35 mins.
*optional: We packed some bread crumbs on top to make it a little crunchy and broiled them at the end for a few minutes.

Monday James and I had a Peach, Apple, and Carrot Juice. Yummy! I just stuck one of each into the juicer, Voila!
Then for a late breakfast I had blueberry cheese cake oatmeal! I got this recipe from one of my favorite blogs that I follow. Here's the link for the recipe! Basically all you need is:
*Oatmeal               *Blueberries
*Honey                  *Cream cheese (I used a Tbs of Sugar free/ fat free cheese cake jello instead)
*Vanilla extract     *Nuts
*Cinnamon
Just cook the oatmeal then basically add everything else in!
Delicious! I think tomorrow I'm going to make a big batch so I don't have to make breakfast every morning before work.
For my workout today I walked around the Williamsburg outlets for 2 and a half hours! See, shopping is a good thing :p Ahhhhh I wanted to buy everything from Nike, Reebok, Finishline, and Under Armour.
Last meal I'm going to share with ya'll is DINNER!! It was quick and easy, we picked up some salmon burgers from Sams club and cooked them up in a pan and put them on whole wheat buns. While those were cooking I made Sweet Potato Fries! I love them! I got a recipe off pinterest to make them sort of crunchy by adding a Tbs of corn starch. I just cut up 2 medium sweet potatoes and shook them in a bag with 2 Tbs of olive oil, the corn starch, salt and what ever else you want. Then I cooked them at 450 for 20-25 minutes. Some times I put too much cornstarch which gets chalky, so you can omit it if you want!
... Time for another cake batter protein shake, I haven't had one today yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment