Marathon Training, Healthy Eating and My Photography!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Family time in Ca = Lots of yummy unhealthy food.

It's been a week since my last post, I've been meaning to post sooner but I've been busy in Ca. So I'll try and condense everything!

So I know eating at the airport can be expensive and unhealthy, all the fast food places and quick snacks are inviting. The bad thing is, you're probably not going to exercise on your travel day, you're sitting in a plane all day, and you're going to feel bloated and bleh. Some healthy alternatives for airport dining can be:
*Fruit salads (can be expensive though)
*grilled chicken sandwhiches from fast food places
*Salads (light on the dressing)
*Frozen yogurt
*Smoothies (watch the calories still!)
*Breakfast sandwhiches with egg whites and spinach (from Dunkin Donuts or Subway)
*Whole wheat bagels or toast 

I ended up splitting a whole wheat bagel and had a smoothie (looked up the calories on my phone) during the lay over. Its easy to forget during traveling, but make sure to drink plenty of water!!

My first meal when I got home was... IN n OUT!!!! I did make it as healthy as possible, I got it protein style (no bun, wrapped in lettuce) and without cheese or sauce. I got the sauce on the side so I could just a little bit. I Definitely did not skimp on the fries though, I ate my order.





It's definitely been difficult to control my eating at home, there's always something being cooked and the pantry is filled with any thing and everything :( including 3 buckets of Halloween candy. So it has definitely been a struggle. I've been eating oatmeal with nuts and fruit in the morning with green tea w/ matcha (Matcha has tons more antioxidants than regular green tea) and having good balanced lunches, but it's always towards the end of the day that gets me. I have been eating lots of carrots with hummus and apples to keep the hunger away though. 


Running hasn't been an issue though!!! I'm so excited! This Saturday is the Moonlight Half Marathon in Davis! 
Quick pic of Lake Tahoe
*Fall Update!! I made it 2 days here fall free... and then my third day running I slid down the side walk. Probably my nastiest fall to date. I had to run the my last 3 1/2 miles with blood running down my leg while everyone I passed just smiled and waved at me.
I did get to run past through Tahoe and past the lake in the early morning, it was beautiful!!! Then I got to run by a group of guys  with beer, yelling and screaming at 6:30 in the morning and I saw  some beautiful puke piles down the sidewalks. 



So this last week I'm trying to salvage my diet! I'll let ya'll know how it goes and my run!!!!!!


-Kimi


P.S.



Finally reunited with DONUT!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment