Marathon Training, Healthy Eating and My Photography!

Monday, October 8, 2012

SORRY AGAIN!!! This time I've haven't updated even longer! The husband decided to give my laptop a bath so it's been out of commission for a while... so I'll give quick updates!

So these past past few weeks I've had 2 Personal Records!!! Longest distance ever and my miles per week!!
3 Sundays ago I ran 15 miles!!!!! I was terrified going out for the run... 13.1 was my longest yet so I had no idea how if I'd get through this. I felt great up until mile 13, then I basically fell apart. Those last 2 miles never ended. The last mile was 13:30, I was basically dragging my body down the road.
Last Sunday I ran 16 miles!!! I mapped out a new route (exciting!). I'm going to go crazy running the same route I run 4 days a week. I love seeing new neighborhoods, parts of town, and the nature! Especially running through the rich neighborhoods, that definitely distracts me. The 16 miles definitely was not as rough as the 15 miles but it did take me 3 hours and 20 minutes to do... that is a llooonnnnnggg time on my feet!! I was so sore all day, but it is the best feeling to know this is what I can accomplish now because of the hard work I put in to this! I also bought a pair of tights for this upcoming winter. They are sooo expensive full price ($40-$170+!!!) but Marshalls had some really good ones for 20 bucks!
Ah I also Can't believe my mid weeks runs are now what I used to think were long runs! I feel great doing 8 mile runs during the week, but they seem tougher. I think it's the mental aspect of weekly runs are the shorter ones so they're shorter and a bit easier than the long weekend ones... 8 miles is still a longish distance for me, it's not like running 3 miles!
This past Sunday was a draw back week, these make me sad :( I was only supposed to do 10 miles but thought I'd be daring and add on an extra mile. The temperature happened to be perfect out! Mid 50's... but pooouuurrinnngg. So I thought I'd skip the terrible chaffing and possible blisters from running outside and chose the treadmill. Normally I run away from these awful machines but today was as bad as I thought, I thought I'd be going crazy around mile 4. I made to 7.5 before I started doing the whole 'check the distance on the screen' thing ever 5 minutes. And the treadmill kept turning off after 60 minutes! But I made it, and I will probably never do that again!
For some reason I've stopped doing strength training and I'm noticing my arms getting a bit flappy so I've been scowering for a simple but effective arm work out! I would do full body but my physical therapist thinks what I'm doing for therapy and running is enough for my lower body. I did find this resistance band workout that I'm going to start tomorrow! I also might pick up a couple Jillian Michaels DVDs, they get really good reviews!

I've got a couple new recipes I've tried this week!!

Baked cripsy zuchini chips: Preheat the oven to 425, slice a zuchini into half inch clices, dip in egg whites, coat in seasoned bread crumbs and bake for 25 minutes flipping half way through. I ate the whole pan they were so good!!!

Healthyish Rice Crispies: These are sort of healthy! I basically just didn't use any butter. 6 cups of rice crispies and 2 cups of mini marshmellows! Microwave the marshmellows for 2 seconds then stir in the rice crispies. I made 50 smalls balls that came out to around 20 calories  piece!

I've also found a new blog that has tons of information on clean eating! Check it out if you need help getting clean! http://www.heandsheeatclean.com/

I'll try and make a new post midweek with some pictures! Husband got me a new lens!!!!!! Can't wait to try out some recipes and take fancy pictures! Hopefully I'll have my own working laptop by then.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your two new PRs!! That is awesome! And thank you for posting both of those recipes! I have been trying to incorporate zucchini into a snack or meal that my hubby will actually eat, and this recipe sounds like it just might be a winner!

    ReplyDelete