Marathon Training, Healthy Eating and My Photography!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things! (that's supposed to be song form :p)

I have to share this amazing cake batter protein shake! I actually found it on Pinterest. Here's the link for the recipe
Seriously this thing tasted just like cake batter. I can't wait to get back home from work so I can make me another one... then make James one so I can drink some of his.
So besides that, I wanted to share my favorite things in the kitchen and a few other things on Pinterest that I'm working on.
I got this great ab and leg work out off Pinterest. It doesn't include any squats or lunges which is perfect for me and my bad knees! All you need is wall space and that's what you do all the exercises against. It says to do it 5-6 days a week and you'll results in 2 weeks! I've been doing it for 3 days now so I'll repost in 2 weeks how my manly man legs (what James calls them since he jealous of my muslce! :p) are looking. Try it here!
Another Pinterest find was a Jillian Micahel's detox and debloat drink recipe. She says to just drink it everyday for a week along with your normal eating habits (its not a fasting thing) and you'll loose up to 5 pounds of water weight. All you need is:
*60oz of water                *1TBS of sugar free Cranberry juice
*2 TBS of Lemon Juice   *1 Dandelion root tea bag
For the lemon juice I just used one of those plastic lemons, and I found the dandelion root tea at target but health food stores should have it too! I've actually been doing this for a few weeks and I'm not really sure how much water weight I lost since I didn't weigh my self, but I will say I do feel a lot less bloated. I keep drinking because it is healthy in general, It keeps my water intake going all day, and dandelion root tea is said to be really great for digestion aid, lots of vitamins, and cleaning out your liver! So just mix them all up and get chuggin!
I Also wanted to share my top favorite things I always have in the kitchen:
*Olive oil spritzer: All you do is pump it up and spray it like cooking spray. I love to use it on everything since you only use a few calories instead of dumping tablespoons of oil and eye balling it. I use it on garbanzo beans, salad, pop corn, on pans, etc.
*Sugar Free Jelly: It comes with added fiber and is only 10 calories a TBS! That's always my first choice on toast and its so good, sometimes when I'm craving something sweet I'll have a spoon of it.
*Nature's Own Whole Wheat Bread: ONLY 50 CALORIES PER SLICE! This is the only bread I buy and it's 100% whole wheat. A quick super low calorie snack with some sugar free jelly!
*Popcorn kernels: Popcorn is my favorite food in the whole wide world ever. I used to eat a bag every single day for month! Now I'll just pop some in my popper and spritz some olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt.
*Smooth Move Laxative Tea: This is my life saver! All I'm going to say is, if ya need to clean yourself out... this is the stuff. 2 bags and you are empty!
*Egg Beaters egg whites: Way better than eggs, they only have 25 calories compared to 70 in an egg. They have no fat and have added vitamins. So for breakfast I can cook 5 eggs for just 125 calories and then I'll throw in tons of spinach onions and mushrooms. It also saves calories in recipes!

Quick note on cake batter protein shake! I just made a 2nd one tonight and completely forgot to add the protein powder -_- but it still tasted really good and cut some calories too. So if you don't have any protein powder it still taste great!
I've got a 10 mile run tomorrow morning :) so I guess I should go to sleep :( 


YUMMMM


No comments:

Post a Comment