Marathon Training, Healthy Eating and My Photography!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

CHOCOLATE WASTED!!!!

But really...
After my amazing 9 mile run Sunday I went to a BBQ and ate like 10 days worth of food. I had tons of tortilla chips with buffalo chicken dip, some cookies, a burger, chili, crackers and cheese... I couldn't stop. I woke up feeling like I had a wild crazy drunken night. I felt awful, dehydrated, and sluggish alllllll day. Carbs like to suck up all the water in your body especially afer a feeding frenzy, so all day I drank water non stop. Days like this remind me exactly why I love to eat clean and in moderation. I do not enjoy feeling like a beached whale.

Any who! I've have knee pains that flare up ever few months and lately its been awful. I've never done much for it but ice it so last week I purchased one of those knee braces that is basically a band that goes underneath your knee cap to help stabalize and hold it all in place. I read some really good review on them... and IT WORKED!!! Sometimes I could feel the pain creepin back in but for the most part I've been running pain free for the past week. Such a wonderful feeling! I hate when you know you could've ran some much faster and further but pain is holding you back.
I've also been bugging James about buying me a pair of compression socks for recover. They encourage blood flow for faster recovery, and from what I've heard they are pretty great. BUT! James isn't too fond of the price. So for now I've been doing DIY Compression! For a fraction of the price I bought 2 ACE bandages and have just been wrapping them from my ankles to my knees. I might go to Walmart this week and dry out some Dr. Scholl's ones.

I'm so EXCITED to share my BANANA RAISIN OATMEAL COOKIES! 
I found a basic recipes online and added some flare to it, best thing is... there's no added sugar, butter, or oil! They taste pretty dang good. I calculated out the nutritional info on MyFitnessPal and came up with:
12 Servings
62 Cals, .5 g Fat, 13 g Carbs, 2 g Protein, 5 g sugar
All you'll need is:
*1/2 C whole wheat flour            *1/4 tsp salt
*1 C rolled oats                           *cinnamon (I just kept shakin and shakin)
*1/2 tsp baking powder               *1/2 C unsweetend applesauce
*1/2 tsp baking soda                    *5 tbs egg white
*1/2 tsp vanilla extract                *1/8 C honey
*1/4 C raisins/craisins                 *1 small-med banana
*Stevia packets optional
Directions:
I mixed all the dry ingredients together first then added in the wet stuff, then mushed up the banana and mixed it all in. Then cooked them for 12 mins at 350.

They were so good I decided to make a 2nd batch right after since I know they'll be super convenient for pre run snacks. Also, the 2nd time around I made them smaller and squeezed 17 decent sized ones out of it, so they're even lower in calorie per cookie!!! Also, try microwaving them for 5 seconds then putting a thin layer of peanut butter on top. DELICIOUS! 



I've got a 10 miler tomorrow!!! I'm going to try out drinking a couple cups of black tea before my run instead of coffee, the last few runs that I've had coffee before I had weird moments of really high heart rates so I'll see if the tea gets rid of that, plus I don't care much for the taste. Hopefully no more food hang over!

No comments:

Post a Comment